Asparagus is a plant whose newly formed sprouts, roots, and "underground stems" are used to make medicine. Asparagus is a spring vegetable that is packed with nutrition. One can find different types of asparagus in the market. When you buy asparagus, either fresh from the market or grocery store, it is best to eat it immediately.
- Asparagus contains 20 calories, 2.2 gm proteins, and 0.2 gm fat 0.2, 1.8 gm fibre, 12% vitamin C, 18% vitamin A, 57% vitamin K, and 34% folate 34%.
Following are the health benefits of asparagus plant:
- It helps to release fluids and helps to get rid of excess salts from the body.
- Asparagus is a brain booster, and it also helps to fight against cancer.
- Asparagus contains lots of fluids, so it is used as an "irrigation therapy" to increase urine production.
- It also helps to reduce weight.
- If women have a hormone imbalance, then they can also use asparagus.
- Asparagus roast
- Ingredients: Asparagus, olive oil, salt for taste, mayonnaise, cheese, water, 2 anchovy fillets, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and boiled eggs
- Cooking steps: Preheat the oven and take some asparagus, oil, and salt in a large bowl. Stir and fry on a baking sheet, until tender, for around 15 to 20 minutes. Mix mayonnaise, parmesan, water, anchovies, garlic, and lemon juice in a small bowl. To serve, boil the asparagus with sauce and top it with boiled eggs.
- Cheesy asparagus
- Ingredients: Garlic, pepper, and salt for taste, some asparagus, cheese, breadcrumbs, chopped walnuts, and olive oil
- Cooking steps: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, add oil, garlic, turmeric, and salt. Then add asparagus for coating. Spread the asparagus over the baking sheet. Take garlic, pepper, salt, cheese, breadcrumbs, and chopped walnuts together in a small bowl and mix them with asparagus. Now in a pan, fry asparagus for 12 to 15 minutes until it becomes golden. Your food is ready to serve.