Bitter gourd, also known as bitter melon, is found in the Indian kitchen and can be used as a vegetable and medicine. Although it has a unique sour taste, many people prefer it because of the vitamins and minerals it contains.
This fruit is used in curing diabetes, asthma, and blood disease. You can easily buy bitter gourd online from this site and get an assured delivery at your site without any hassle.
Let us have a look at bitter gourd nutritional facts. In 62gms of bitter gourd there is:
- Vitamin C: 20.5 mg
- Zinc: 0.48 mg
- Potassium: 198 mg
- Phosphorous: 22 mg
- Iron: 0.24 mg
Let’s have a look at bitter gourd health benefits:
- It helps in improving the digestion, thus relieving from constipation and other digestive issues.
- Some of the laboratory tests have also shown that bitter gourd is effective in the treatment of HIV infection.
- Bitter gourd curry
- Ingredients: Oil, cumin seeds, 2 chopped onions, 2 chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, 6-7 bitter gourd, and water
- Cooking steps: Heat oil for 1-2 min and add cumin seeds and chopped onions into the pan. Stir the onions until they turn golden brown and add tomatoes to it. Now, add salt, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder and stir it for 1-2 mins. Wait for the tomatoes to get soft and add water to the mixture. Now cut the bitter gourd in round pieces and put it in the mix. Cover the pan with a lid for 10-15 mins.
- Bitter gourd sabzi
- Ingredients: Oil, 2 sliced onions, 2 chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, 4-5 bitter gourd, and cumin seeds
- Cooking steps: Heat oil and add cumin seeds into it. Now, cut the bitter gourd in round slices and deep fry it. Now add onions in oil and wait until it turns golden brown. Put chopped tomatoes into the pan and add salt, turmeric powder, and red chilli powder. Stir the mixture for about 1-2 mins and add the fried bitter gourd rings into the mix and cook for some time. Your dish is ready to serve.