Cluster beans popularly known as “Guar” belong to the family of legumes which are grown throughout the year. Its scientific name is Hericium Erinaceus. These are usually grown in regions of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra. You can buy cluster beans online while sitting at your home.
These legumes are fully enriched with dietary fibre, Vitamin C, folic acid, which offers various heart health benefits.
100 g of chopped guar contains the following:
- Energy-16 calories
- Protein-3.2 g
- Fat-0.4 g
- Fiber-5.4 g
Following are some of the cluster beans health benefits:
- Consuming beans helps in resolving anaemia.
- Cluster Beans contain dietary fibre which is beneficial for cardio health.
- Phosphorus and calcium in cluster beans fortify bones as well as improves bone health.
- Iron present in beans enhances haemoglobin content with RBC’s and enhances the circulation of blood in the body.
- Helps in flushing out toxins, thereby stimulating bowel movement.
- It is really recommended to pregnant ladies as it helps in reducing birth complications.
- A fine powder made from seeds of the beans is used as a thickener or stabilizer in the food industry.
- Cluster beans sabzi:
- Ingredients: 1 cup cluster beans, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp mustard seeds, a pinch of asafetida, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 5 curry leaves, 1 tbsp oil, salt to taste, ½ cup dahi, 2tsp dhania powder, 2tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp besan
- Cooking steps: Take cluster beans and remove its ends and edges. Pressure cook the beans in water and waits for 2 whistles. Now put the ingredients such as curd, coriander powder, chilli powder, gram flour and salt and stir it. Now take a pan and put some oil and heat it. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and asafetida and fennel seeds to it and cook it. Lower the flame for 2 minutes. Now add cluster beans to the mixture and pour some water and cook and mix well. Serve hot with rotis.
- Cluster beans chutney:
- Ingredients: Chopped cluster beans, green chillies, roasted powdered peanuts, salt, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, mustard seeds, oil, and hing.
- Cooking Steps: Take oil and pour it in kadai and heat it, now put beans and green chillies and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook the beans until it becomes soft. Now add groundnut powder, salt and mix it. Take a pan and pour oil mustard seeds and hing in that pour this tadka on the cooked beans, now your chutney is ready.