Arbi is an herbaceous perennial plant that possesses large corn either on or under the ground. The leaves of this plant are large. This colocasia species is used as a food plant. One can easily buy the best arbi online for the best prices from the convenience of their home.
- Carbohydrates 20%
- Protein 3%
- Fat 1%
- Dietary fibre 11% and many vitamins and minerals.
- Arbi helps in weight management and losing extra kilos.
- Arbi is a zero-cholesterol food. Therefore, it helps in protecting the heart.
- Arbi being a low sodium food, which helps in controlling hypertension.
Some of the recipes of arbi are:
- Arbi cutlet
- Ingredients: 10-12 arbi, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, ½ tsp dry mango powder, 2 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp lemon juice, rock salt or black salt, coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cooking steps: Take arbi wash and rinse them well. Now boil them in a pressure cooker. Drain the water and let it cool down and then peel them. Take each piece and flatten it within your palms. Take a pan and drizzle some oil on it. Now pan fry the arbi till it turns golden brown and becomes crisp. In a bowl put all dry spice powder and mix them. Toss the fried arbi in this powder and add some lemon juice. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- Arbi masala
- Ingredients: 500 g arbi (peeled and chopped), 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder, 3-4 green chilli, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp garam masala, 1 tbsp jeera powder, 200 g chopped onion, 2 tbsp ajwain, 1 tbsp amchur powder, salt for taste
- Cooking steps: Take a pan and fry the arbi till it turns golden brown. Pour some oil in the pan and put ginger garlic paste. Now take the chopped onion and fry it till it turns transparent. Put ajwain, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, jeera powder garam masala. Now add fried arbi in it and pour 2 tbsp water and cook till it starts to soften. Lower the flame and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, it is ready to serve.