Red dragon fruit is scaly pink in colour from outside, but the pulp inside is red with several black seeds that are sweet to sour in taste. It is the same as kiwi fruit, with its fruits growing on the long, thin, climbing vine of the cactus plant.
Here are some red dragon fruit nutrition facts:
- Dragon fruit contains a lot of iron, magnesium, fibre, but fewer nutrients in it.
- One cup of red dragon fruit contains 3 g protein, 7 g fibre, 9% vitamin C, 8% iron, and 18% magnesium.
- Dragon fruit contains lots of vitamins and minerals but is low in calories.
Following are the health benefits of red flesh dragon fruit:
- The fruit is rich in antioxidants that can fight against heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Dragon fruit contains vitamin C and carotenoids, which helps to boost immunity.
- Dragon fruit cream is a benefit for the skin, which prevents dryness, dullness, acne, and wrinkles.
- The fruit juice is beneficial for hair growth and helps in blood circulation in the scalp.
- Red dragon fruit juice
- Ingredients: 1 Red dragon fruit, 3 teaspoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cooking steps: Cut red dragon fruit into two halves, scoop out the pulp with a spoon and transfer it into a mixer jar, add sugar and blend it until it becomes smooth. Pour it into a glass, and it's now ready to serve and drink.
- Red dragon fruit milkshake
- Ingredients: 1 cup dragon fruit sliced only pulp, 1 cup mango sliced, and 2 cup bananas cut into pieces, ¾ cup almond milk, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 2-4 ice cubes
- Cooking steps: Add fruits, milk, lime juice to a mixture jar and blend it until it becomes smooth. Now pour it into a glass with ice cubes. Now it is ready to drink and serve.