These edible seeds belong to the Fabaceae family and are available throughout the year. It is also known as mutter in India and is cooked along with potato to make the famous aloo mutter sabji. You can buy green peas online; various package varieties of them are available online.
Following are some green peas nutritional facts (per 100 gms):
- Iron- 8%
- Calcium- 2%
- Magnesium- 8%
- Vitamin A- 15%
- Vitamin C- 66%
Green peas health benefits are as following:
- Green peas are healthy for diabetic people as it helps in maintaining the blood sugar level.
- They help to prevent high blood pressure.
- They are excellent in improving digestion of the body.
- Since peas contain a high amount of iron, they are great for anaemic people.
- Green peas curry
- Ingredients: 15-20 water-soaked cashews, ½ kg fresh green peas, 3 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes, 2 green cardamoms, 1 bay leaf, 2 strands of mace, 1-inch cinnamon, 2 cloves, some green chillies, ginger, 2 tbsp fresh whole milk beaten curd, ¾ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder,½ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, a pinch of hing/asafetida, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 cup water, some salt, 2 tbsp milk powder, and ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves.
- Cooking steps: Blend cashews and tomatoes. Heat some oil and add bay leaf, mace, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, and all other dry masala ingredients. Now add ginger, green chillies, and tomato-cashew paste and cook. Add curd on low flame and stir quickly, now add water, boiled green peas, milk powder and cook for some time. Serve it hot.
- Green peas dessert
- Ingredients: 1 cup milk powder, 1 cup crushed green peas, 1 ½ tsp cardamom powder, ¼ cup coconut powder, ¼ cup ground cashews, 1 cup powdered sugar, and clarified butter
- Cooking steps: Cook cashew and coconut powder until they become golden. Heat some clarified butter and add all the ingredients in it. Cook for some time and take out on a plate. Cut them into desired shapes and store.