Malabar plum belongs to the species of Syzygium cumini and is also known as java plum or black plum. It is also known as jamun in India. The plum is sweet or sour and is red, purple, and black in color.
Plum is oval, and the tongue becomes purple when we eat a purple pulp. It is found all year around. You can buy Malabar plum online to make your purchase carefree.
Some details about nutrition in plum:
- One cup of malabar contains 81 kcal, and vitamins and minerals such as 21.44% vitamin C, 16.16% carbohydrate, 4.76% magnesium, 3.92% vitamin B6, and 3.29% phosphorus in it.
Following are the health benefits of plum:
- Malabar plum contains vitamin c, which is responsible for repairing cells and boosting our body immunity system.
- It contains phytonutrients and phenols, which help us prevent cancer, heart disease, and cell damage.
- Malabar plum contains fiber, which improves our heart health and also helps in the treatment of constipation.
- The seeds of malabar plum are used in making ayurvedic medicines.
- Malabar plum is used in making wines and vinegar.
- Dried leaves are used in making cigarettes and tobacco.
- The wood of the malabar tree is used in railway sleepers, furniture, and wells to install the motors.
- Malabar plum juice
- Ingredients: 150 gm malabar plum fruit, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, sugar, 4 cup water, and ice cubes
- Cooking steps: In a mixer jar, add malabar plum without seed, lemon juice, sugar, and blend it until it becomes smooth. Strain it into a glass with ice cubes and serve it.
- Malabar plum herbal tea
- Ingredients: 1 cup plums without seeds, 1 lemon cut into two halves, 2 cups sugar, and 1/2 cup water
- Cooking steps: Boil water, sugar, and stir it until it dissolves. Then add plum and mix for 5 min on low-medium flame until it becomes smooth. Strain it into a glass and squeeze a lemon into it to serve.