Lychees are also common by name litchi or lychee. It is a native fruit of Southeast Asia and popular for its juicy and sweet flavour. The fresh pulp of leechi is musky and aromatic.
Also, Lychee can be canned or dried. It grows in the tropical and subtropical regions and bears spring flowers on its branches that are short-lived. It is round or maybe oval with white flesh from inside and pinkish brown from outside.
One can easily buy Lychee online at cheap rates.
100 grams of Lychee contains:
- Calories: 66
- Total fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Potassium: 171 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 17g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 0.8g
Following are some health benefits of Lychee:
- Lychee comprises a good amount of vitamin C and vitamin B-complex that acts as an antioxidant.
- It also increases metabolism as it has a good amount of fibre.
- Leechi is also responsible for the formation of RBS as it contains manganese, copper, iron, and folate.
- Lychee lemonade
- Ingredients: 15 Lychees, 3 ½ cup water, 1 large lemon or 2 medium-sized lemons, organic unrefined cane sugar, a few mint leaves, lemon slices, and few ice cubes
- Cooking steps: Remove the flesh of litchis and make a smooth purée of it. Now take litchi purée, water, sugar, and lemon juice in a jar and mix it well. Add the ready mixture in glasses and serve with some ice cubes and mint leaves.
- Litchi sorbet
- Ingredients: ½ kg fresh Lychee, 100 grams castor sugar, 1 ½ cup water, and ½ lime
- Cooking steps: Add litchi, water, and sugar in a pan and boil it. When it gets cool, remove the seeds of litchi and keep the syrup aside. Now mix the Lychee juice with lime juice and chuck them into the food processor. Freeze until it gets solid and smash up the sorbet again, serve and enjoy.