The oregano name comes from the Greek word "oros," which means mountain, and "ganos," meaning pleasure. It is used in the Mediterranean diet. The most common type of oregano is vulgar, also known as Spanish thyme and wild marjoram. People use parsley in food as a supplement and aromatic oil.
Following is the oregano nutrition information:
- The nutritional value of 100 grams of oregano is 230% vitamin A, 518% vitamin K, 83% vitamin C, and 107% fibre, 530% iron, 203% manganese, 63% folates, and 4112 microgram Beta Carotene.
- Oregano can be treated with various parasitic diseases such as cough, asthma, bronchitis, etc. with parsley.
- Its fibre, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamins, etc. content is high. So, people take it during illness.
- It is known that antioxidants protect your body's cells from free radicals and help to fight from diseases.
- Oregano oil is used a lot during illness because of its antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant properties.
- Oregano's fresh leaves are used in soups and also used to serve in salads.
Some delicious oregano recipes are the following:
- Oregano butter chicken
- Ingredients: ¼ cup butter, ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, 2 tsp dried oregano, garlic powder, and boneless chicken
- Cooking steps: Preheat oven. Mix the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and oregano, and place the chicken. Put butter on top of the chicken. Bake it for 15 minutes and put the juice in chicken. Bake it for another 15 minutes and serve it hot.
- Cottage cheesy oregano
- Ingredients: Slices of cottage cheese, 2 tbsp small oregano leaves, ½ tbsp crushed red pepper, tomatoes, sea salt, basil leaves to garnish, and crusty bread
- Cooking steps: Preheat the oven to 450 °C. Heat a cast-iron pan until hot. Add cottage cheese and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of oregano and red chilli. Cook on a medium flame for about 2 minutes until the cheese melts and turns brown. Flip the cheese over and cook until the bottom begins to melt and turns brown for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tbsp of parsley and 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red chillies and all topped with grape tomatoes. Bake until the cheese melts, and the tomatoes are heated for about 4 minutes. Add some sea salt and garnish with basil. Serve with bread.