Organic watermelon is a vine-like flowering plant and is a highly cultivated fruit all over the world, especially in India. The fruit has over 1000 varieties. Small organic watermelons are about the size of a cantaloupe. The small size makes them easy to handle as they fit easily into a refrigerator. You can buy organic watermelon online from our platform with a hassle-free experience.
- Watermelon is packed with nutrients and water.
- It contains very few calories and is exceptionally refreshing.
- It is a good dietary source of both powerful plant compounds such as citrulline and lycopene.
- It contains 0.6 grams protein, 7.6 grams carbs, 6.2 grams sugar, 0.4 grams fiber, and 0.2 grams fat.
- Watermelons are rich in antioxidants and help in neutralizing potentially harmful molecules known as free radicals.
- Watermelons contain around 90% water, which makes it useful for staying hydrated in the summer.
- Watermelon extract reduces blood pressure in and around the ankles of middle-aged people with early hypertension and obesity.
- Lycopene—an antioxidant in watermelon—may help protect against heart disease.
- Watermelons have several health benefits, including improved insulin sensitivity, lower blood pressure, and reduced muscle soreness.
You can always order watermelon online and perform the below recipes:
- Watermelon mojito granita
- Ingredients: 7 cups of chopped watermelon, 1/3 cup mint jelly, 1/3 cup white rum, and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice.
- Cooking steps: Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture in a bowl and freeze for almost 4 hours. Uncover, scrape mixture surface with a fork or knife and serve.
- Minted watermelon salad
- Ingredients: 1/4th watermelon, 1/4th sliced onion, 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cooking steps: Cut up watermelon and arrange on a plate. Sprinkle with onion, mint leaves, salt, and pepper.