Parsley is a flowering plant that belongs to the Apiaceae family and is mostly eaten in European, Middle Eastern, and American Cuisine. It is mainly used to garnish and sprinkle on top of several dishes or can be used as a snack or a vegetable soup.
- Energy: 151 kJ
- Carbohydrates: 6.33 g
- Sugars: 0.85 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Fat: 0.79 g
- Protein: 2.97 g
- Calcium: 138 mg
- Iron: 6.2 mg
- Sodium: 56 mg
- Zinc: 1.07 mg
- Parsley helps in improving the blood sugar level and improves the pancreatic functions.
- It is very beneficial for the people in preventing heart diseases like heart attacks and strokes as it contains antioxidants that reduce the risk factors.
- Parsley salad
- Ingredients: 1 ½ cups washed and chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley, ⅓ cup chopped walnut halves, ⅛ cup raisins, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking steps: Mix all the parsley leaves with walnuts and raisins. Now add vinegar, salt, pepper, oil, and mix it well. Leave it for one hour and serve.
- Parsley soup
- Ingredients: 1 cup peeled potato cubes, 1 cup chopped parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ cup finely chopped onions, ½ tsp crushed garlic, salt
- Cooking steps: Heat the oil in a pan and add onions, garlic for about two to three minutes. Now boil potatoes and cook them till they are tender and mix parsley; after that, keep it aside. Make a purée by blending in a mixer, now add salt, pepper in one and a half cups of water and boil it well. It’s ready to serve.