Pomegranate is a delicious fruit belonging to the family of Lythraceae. It is widely used in cooking, baking, juice blends, meal garnishes, cocktails and smoothies.
The origin of pomegranate is in the middle-east to the northern parts of India. Anaar is an ancient fruit and it has been cultivated for a long time.
The colour of the fruit is red-purplish and it has two parts, an outer part which has a hard and rough texture and a soft juicy inner part, which has coloured red-purplish seeds, which are usually consumed.
Nutritional Profile (Pack of 2)
- Calories- 166
- Total Fat- 1.2 grams
- Carbohydrates- 38 grams
- Protein- 3.4 grams
- Dietary fibre- 8 grams
- Sugar- 28 grams
- Potassium- 400 mg
- Sodium- 6 mg
- Pomegranate reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps in calming stomach/ digestion related disorders.
- Regular consumption of pomegranate improves bone quality.
- Pomegranate regulates the blood flow and keeps the arteries from getting thick and stiff.
- Pomegranate contains higher levels of antioxidants as compared to other fruits which protects cells from damage and reduces inflammation.
- It helps fighting acne and helps you get a glowing flawless skin.
- Beauty products (Skincare) - Pomegranate is used in various face moisturisers, gel, anti-ageing creams, etc.
- Alcoholic Beverages- Pomegranate is used in making various cocktails and wines.
Recipes 1. Pomegranate/ Anaar Juice
Pomegranate seeds, black salt, sugar and lemonCooking Steps:
Add pomegranate seeds in a mixture jar with sugar and black salt and mix it well. Once it is mixed well, add a little water and sieve it so that the seeds are taken out of the juice. Add lemon juice and serve cool. 2. Pomegranate/ Anaar halva
Pomegranate, ghee, dry fruits, sugar, khoya, crushed coconut
Mix pomegranate seeds in a mixer jar and make a paste. Add ghee in a pan, add dry fruits and cook for a few minutes then add pomegranate mixture and cook for another 10 minutes. Later add khoya, sugar and crushed coconut and cook until the consistency gets thick. Serve hot.