Pumpkin is a nutritious food that is low in calories. Pumpkin can be used in many ways from making desserts to salads and soups. Pumpkins are rich in vitamins and minerals with its flesh serving multiple benefits.
From pumpkin leaves to seeds and the original vegetable, all are used in various forms in day to day life.
245 gms pumpkin nutrition facts are the following:
- 1.7 gm protein, 2.7 gm fibre, 49 kcal calories, 0.17 g fat, 12 g of carbohydrates. It also contains vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, riboflavin, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- Pumpkin also helps in boosting the immune system.
- Pumpkins are fully loaded with many compounds that promote healthy skin.
- Pumpkins are used to make facial scrubs.
- Face peel made from papaya and pumpkin helps in erasing fine lines.
Following are some delectable pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin halwa
- Ingredients: 1 kg pumpkin (peeled and diced), 1 ½ stick cinnamon, 150 ml water, 150 gm grain sugar, 4 tbsp butter, 50 gm raisins, 2 tbsp coconut (grated), and 2 tbsp almonds
- Cooking steps: Take pumpkins, water, and cinnamon powder in a saucepan and cook for some time and mash them. Heat some oil and add the pumpkin and cook till it thickens and add some sugar. Cook for some time and serve.
- Ingredients: 1 cup pumpkin slices, ½ tsp turmeric, salt to taste, water, ½ cup coconut grated, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 2 garlic cloves, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 3-4 green chillies, ¼ tsp pepper powder, ¼ cup coconut(grated), 2tsp oil, ½ tsp mustard seeds, 4 red chillies, and curry leaves
- Cooking steps: Grind coconut, garlic, cumin seeds, green chillies, turmeric powder, and pepper powder together and make a fine paste. Boil and mash the pumpkin and add turmeric powder, salt, coconut paste to it and simmer the flame. Take some oil and add mustard seeds, chillies, curry leaves, and coconuts. Now mix it in the erissery mixture.