Snake gourd is basically a subtropical vine. It has achieved its name "snake" gourd because of its snake-like appearance. It is dark green to light green and varies in size. It has a juicy inner flesh which is used as a substitute for tomatoes in various parts of the world.
Buy Snake gourd online now and get fast delivery right at your doorstep. We provide you snake gourd at the best prices and ensure hygiene along with.
Some snake gourd nutrition facts are:
- Calories- 86. 2
- Carbohydrates- 12.5 grams
- Total Fat- 3.9 grams
- Protein- 2.0 grams
- Fiber- 0.6 grams
- Sugar- 2.4 grams
- Sodium- 33.0 mg
Following are the snake gourd health benefits:
- Snake gourd can be easily consumed by the people who wish to lose weight because of fewer calories.
- Snake gourd contains no cholesterol; it is very good for keeping your heart healthy.
- It has a high amount of fibre and helps people who suffer from constipation
- Snake gourd helps in eliminating body waste and detoxifies the kidneys.
- It contains a large amount of water in it and hence lets you stay hydrated for long.
- Snake gourd helps in maintaining the lung functioning and also prevents you from the allergies that cause problems in breathing.
- Snake gourd is very helpful in reducing bone and muscle pain.
- Snake gourd has anti-inflammatory qualities because of which it is dried and used as a soap.
- Snake gourd is widely used in hair gels because it has potent chemicals which help in reducing the intensity of flakiness on the scalp and provides you with strong hair.
- Snake gourd dry vegetable
- Ingredients- 250 grams snake gourd, 1/2 tablespoon mustard, 1/2 tablespoon turmeric, 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder, 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 small onion, 1 green chilli, salt as per taste
- Cooking steps- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat. Add mustard seeds and wait until they splutter. Now add onion, green chillies and cook for two minutes. Now add peeled and chopped snake gourd. Add turmeric, salt and cook until it gets soft. Now add all the spices and cook for six to seven minutes. Add a little water and cook for another five minutes. Serve hot.
- Snake gourd bhaji
- Ingredients- 250 grams of snake gourd chopped, 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic, 1 onion, 1 tomato, 3 tablespoon oil, 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds, 1/2 tablespoon turmeric, salt as per taste, 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- Cooking steps- In a pan, add oil and let it heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic, cumin and cook until garlic is golden brown. Add onion and heat until it is brownish. Now add turmeric, red chilli powder and cook for one minute on low flame. Add tomatoes and cook until they are soft. Now add snake gourd, salt and cook for another five minutes. Serve hot.