Sweet lime helps to eliminate high levels of inflammation. It is a top source of vitamin C and, therefore, plays a vital role in the treatment of osteoarthritis symptoms and rheumatism.
Here are the details of nutrition in mosambi:
- One cup of sweet lime contains 45 calories, energy, 0.8 gm protein. 9.8 gm carbohydrates, and 2.8 gm fibre.
Following are some health benefits of mosambi:
- The high amount of flavonoids in sweet lime stimulates the flow of juices, acids, and bile in the digestive process, which is beneficial in the intestines and neutralizes the excretion of acids.
- Sweet lime fruit is the best option when you suffer from vomiting.
- It also helps to improve your blood circulation and also helps to boost your immunity.
- It can prevent infections and help cure any wounds, and it also prevents eye diseases like cataracts and glaucoma.
- You can use sweet lime as a face scrub for instant glow in your skin.
- You can also use it on your skin for clearing out pigmentation, acne, blemishes.
- You can also use shampoo rich in sweet lime on your hair to treat dandruff and split ends.
- Sweet lime juice
- Ingredients: Sweet lime and 3 tbsp sugar
- Cooking steps: Wash sweet lime and cut the fruit into two. Now extract the juice with the help of a citrus juicer. Put directly into a glass. Add sugar as needed and stir it well. Serve it with ice cubes or chilled in a glass.
- Sweet lime cake
- Ingredients: 1 cup softened butter, 1 ¼ cups sugar, 3 eggs, 1 ½ tbsp baking powder, flour, 1 tbsp salt, 1 sweet lime juice, and ¾ cup buttermilk
- Cooking steps: Preheat the oven up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and fit a glass loaf pan and a small piece of parchment paper inside it so that it falls on top of all four glass walls. Add butter and sugar and beat for about 3 minutes until it becomes light yellow. While mixing, add one egg at a time until all three are in your batter. Keep stirring the mixture until it becomes puffy and shiny. Take a separate bowl, add whisk flour, baking powder, and a spoonful salt. Cut sweet lime in half. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice into the solution in your mixing bowl. Pour your batter into your parchment glaze dish. Place the lime cake in the oven and bake for an hour. After 1 hour, your cake is ready now, and you can serve it.