Thyme is a small growing plant or herb. Leaves of thyme are oval, small and light green which grows up to the height of 6-12 inches. These have a thin stem which contains a group of white or purple flowers and are attracted by bees. Thyme contains a mint-like fragrance and a highly aromatic smell. It belongs to the family of Lamiaceae. One can order thyme online to get it at some reasonable rates.
- It contains 7.4 g fat, 2 % sodium, 23 % carbohydrate, 132 % fibre, 1.7 g sugar, 18 % protein, 145% calcium, 687 % iron and 17 % potassium.
- Thyme also contains the combination of vitamins and minerals such as 95 % vitamin A, 266 % vitamin C, and 40 % magnesium.
Some of the thyme benefits are given below:
- Thyme improves our blood circulation process and eyesight.
- It helps to boost our immunity and provides relief from stress.
- Thyme also protects people from colon cancer.
- Thyme paste is used in facial masks to provide glow to your skin.
- Thyme leaves oil is used in toothpaste, candies, and candles.
- Broccoli with thyme salad
- Ingredients: 1 cup boiled broccoli, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt for taste, and 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Cooking steps: Add boiled broccoli, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and dried thyme in a bowl and toss it. Now transfer it into the plate and serve it.
- Thyme punch with raspberry liqueur
- Ingredients: 4 black tea bags, 10 cup water, 1 lemon, 1 orange, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tbsp cloves, 10 thyme, ½ cups raspberry liqueur, and ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Cooking steps: Boil water in a large pot in low flame, add tea bags, lemon and orange slices, sugar, cloves, and thyme, boil it and cover it for 10 minutes. Transfer it to a cup and add raspberry liqueur and lemon juice. Mix it with a spoon, and now it is ready to serve or drink.