A hybrid tomato marks its origin when the plant breeders cross-pollinate different types of tomatoes. These tomatoes are full of flavour with a perfect blend of acid and sugar.
They are medium to large in size with a shiny and soft outer body. The inner flesh of tomatoes is dark red and juicy with a lot of small seeds.
Order tomatoes online now and get fast delivery right at your doorstep. In the dangerous times of pandemics, it is safer to buy tomatoes online and enjoy your food without worries.
Given below is the data of the nutritional value of 1 tomato:
- Calories- 16
- Carbohydrates- 3.5 grams
- Total Fat- 0.2 grams
- Protein- 0.8 grams
- Fibre- 1.1 grams
- Sugar- 2.4 grams
- Sodium- 4.6 mg
These are some benefits to eating tomatoes:
- Tomatoes help in maintaining healthy blood pressure and also prevent cancer.
- They reduce blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes.
- Tomatoes help stay hydrated as they contain a large amount of water in them.
- Tomatoes can be mashed and applied directly to the skin as a face mask.
- Tomato soup
- Ingredients: 250 grams tomatoes, a pinch of crushed black pepper, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, ½ tablespoon chopped garlic, and 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Cooking steps: Boil some water and add peeled tomatoes and boil until they are cooked. Mash the tomatoes and add them to the pan again. Add one cup of water, salt, chopped garlic, black pepper, and cook for five to six minutes. Add butter. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
- Tomato chutney
- Ingredients: 250 grams of tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1 green chilli, ½ tablespoon mustard seeds, 2 tablespoons oil, ½ tablespoon red chilli powder, ½ tablespoon coriander powder, a pinch of turmeric, and salt as per the taste
- Cooking steps: Heat some oil and add mustard seeds, onion, green chillies, and cook for two to three minutes. Then add tomatoes, turmeric, salt, red chilli, and coriander and cook for around six to seven minutes and add a little water and mash the chutney well. Cook for one more minute and serve hot with chapatis.