Baby corn is the most exotic and mouth-watering vegetable across the world because of its diverse implications. From Asians to Americans & Europeans to Africans, everyone has their separate style to inculcate baby corn in their appetite. They are equally delicious as any ordinary corn with a little extra amount of nutrition. You can easily buy baby corn online.
- 100 gm of baby corn contains 26 calories, 3.1g carbohydrate, 1.7g fibre, 2.5g protein, and 300 mg sodium.
- 1 cup of baby corn also contains iron, 8% of vitamin A, 4 % of vitamin C, and a small amount of folic acid.
Following are some of the baby corn health benefits:
- It helps to maintain blood sugar levels, improves bowel movements and heart rate.
- Baby corn also helps to improve eye light and helps to reduce cataracts.
- Baby corn protects pregnant women from neural-tube birth defects in the foetus.
- You can use the baby corn paste for your skin for relaxation.
- Baby corn pakoda
- Ingredients: ¼ kg baby corn-peeled and blanched, 2 eggs, ¾ cup all-purpose flour, ½ tsp garlic paste, ½ tsp ginger paste, 2 tbsp oil, garlic, onion, and capsicum
- Cooking steps: Coat the baby corn with all the ingredients and make a batter and leave it for 5-10 minutes. Heat the oil and fry high drop baby corn at a time, until golden brown. Serve it hot.
- Baby corn masala with bay leaf
- Ingredients: 200 gm baby corn cobs, oil, cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, ginger, garlic, onions, 1 cup tomatoes, 2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp powdered red pepper, and 1 tsp powdered coriander seeds
- Cooking steps: Heat the oil and add cumin seeds, add bay leaves, ginger and garlic to it and fry till it becomes light brown. Add onion and fry until golden brown, and then add tomatoes and fry on medium heat. When the fat separates, add salt, garam masala, and red chilli and mix well. Add baby corn and sauce until the fat separates and serve hot.