Many people consider iceberg lettuce to be inferior to nutrition concerning other types of lettuce.
Lettuce, along with other raw vegetables can be made a part of quick salad preparation. Because of its versatile nature, lettuce is a part of a nutritious diet plan.
You can buy iceberg lettuce online to prevent the hassle of stepping out of your homes.
- 10 % of vitamin A
- 3 % of vitamin C
- 1 % of calcium keeps bones and teeth healthy. It also supports muscle function, nerve function, and blood clotting.
- As part of a healthy diet, iceberg lettuce can increase fibre and water intake.
- Vitamin A in the lettuce is a powerful antioxidant that helps to maintain night vision and eye health. It also supports cell growth.
- Presence of vitamin C helps to keep your immune system healthy.
- Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin K present in lettuce are essential for healthy bones.
Following are some chopped iceberg lettuce salad recipes:
- Grilled prawn with iceberg lettuce
- Ingredients: 200 gm prawn, olive oil, and sweet chilli sauce
- Cooking steps: Set a gas grill or a charcoal grill to heat up. Turn the bank's coal or burner off to one side. Now grill a flat cast iron over the coals until very hot. Remove the prawn from the marinade and grill it for 3 minutes. Remove the prawn and serve it with radish lettuce leaves, Thai basil leaves, carrots, cilantro, and also serve with sweet chilli sauce.
- Cheese salad with iceberg lettuce
- Ingredients: 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Cooking steps: Take white wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. After that, slowly drizzle in oil; set the Italian dressing aside. Mix a cup of blue cheese with half, mayonnaise, sour cream, juice, granulated garlic, onion powder, celery seeds, salt, and turmeric in a bowl. After that, split up the iceberg quarters, tomatoes, and cucumbers on a plate. Dress it now with onion rings. Flatten the remaining blue cheese on top and spoon over the blue cheese dressing. Dress the remaining like this and serve it.