White cucumbers are white-skinned and black-spine cucumbers. The production of these cucumbers is very high as they grow in a very short span of time. It is also known by the name “white wonder” and mainly used for salads or for pickling or you can eat them raw. Cucumbers are very good at keeping you refreshed and have many benefits. You can buy cucumbers online and get them delivered at your doorstep without any hassle.
- Water: 137g
- Calories: 17
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fibre: 1.0g
- Calcium: 19.9g
- Iron: 0.3 mg
- Magnesium: 17 mg
- Vitamin C: 4.5g
- Folate: 19.9 mcg
Some of the white cucumber benefits include:
- Cucumbers help in controlling and preventing diabetes as it helps in lowering the blood sugar level and regulate the release of insulin.
- Cucumbers are best for providing hydration to the body as they consist mostly of water and help in preventing dehydration.
- Keeping the body hydrated ultimately helps in preventing constipation and kidney stones.
- Cucumber benefits the eyes when you keep cucumbers your closed eyes to relax.
Here are some of the cucumber recipes:
- Creamy cucumber salad
- Ingredients: 2 long English cucumbers, 1/3 cup sliced white onion, 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 tbsp mayonnaise, 1/4 fresh dill chopped, 3 tbsp white vinegar, 1/2 tsp white sugar, salt to taste
- Cooking steps: Firstly, peel the cucumbers, cut, and remove the seeds. Now cut these into slices and combine all the dressing ingredients. Gradually toss the cucumbers and refrigerate for one hour or little more before serving.
- Cucumber sandwiches
- Ingredients: 8 ounces cream cheese, 3 tbsp mayonnaise, 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped, 1 tsp fresh chives, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste, 1 long English cucumber, 1 loaf sliced bread
- Cooking steps: Mix cream, cheese, and mayonnaise and smooth it with a hand mixer. Now add garlic powder, salt, pepper according to the taste and spread this mixture on the bread slices. Now make a layer of cucumber slices on the bread and add some herbs if needed. Lastly, cut the sandwich into two pieces and serve.