Garlic is a flavourful vegetable and can make almost any food tasteful. Though not physically, garlic is closely related to the onion. It belongs to the Amaryllidaceae family, and it has a history of medicinal benefits. One can buy garlic online without going out of the house in crowded markets.
Some garlic nutrition facts are the following (per 100 gms):
- Calories- 150
- Carbs- 33 grams
- Protein- 6.36
It also contains an excellent quantity of vitamin B, vitamin C, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, folate, sodium, zinc, and manganese.
- Garlic helps to flush toxins from the body and thereby cleans our digestive system. This flushing out of toxins also means that it gives a fresh and healthy skin.
- Garlic drink helps to get rid of acne and other skin problems.
- Eating some raw garlic cloves help to heal a cold, flu, fever, and any other types of infections.
- Apply garlic overnight on a mole for a few days and the mole will eventually fall off.
- Apply garlic juice on scars and the scars will fade away within a few days.
Following are some of the garlic recipes:
- Garlic sauce
- Ingredients: ½ cup chopped garlic, 2/4 tsp kosher salt, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 sprig fresh rosemary, 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and ¼ tsp freshly ground white peppercorns
- Cooking steps: Heat some olive oil and add chopped garlic, rosemary, and salt and cook for some time. Now add vinegar on low flame and reduce it to 1/3rd. Turn off the flame and add salt.
- Garlic aioli
- Ingredients: 1 tsp mustard, 1 egg yolk, 1 cup grapeseed oil, some garlic cloves, a pinch of pepper, a pinch of salt, and lemon juice as per the taste
- Cooking steps: Roast the garlic cloves and squeeze them. In a bowl, make a mixture of vinegar, mustard, and yolk, and add oil little by little. Whisk this mixture properly and add the garlic squeeze to this. Now add pepper, lemon juice, and salt. Use it as a dip.